Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My favorite Bishonen

Here's something for all my fellow otakus out there.

Was bored today, so I made a list of my top-ten favorite bishonen. Hard list to compile (so many cute bishies out there!), and I know I forgot a few, but anyway ... Here are my favorite boys of anime.

10. Chrono (Chrono Crusade): Most adorable devil you'll ever see.

9. Oda Takanaga (Wallflower): The only one of the four with any sense, it seems. And super cute with his girl, when he finally gets the guts to make a move.

8. Van (Escaflowne): He has wings. Nuf said.

7. Son Goku (Saiyuki): The mischeiveous, always hungry Monkey King. Loud, gregarious, and over-eager, but whose heart and loyalty are unmatched. And I get shivers everytime he turns into his evil self.

6. Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin): A master swordsman with a dark past, Kenshin is sweet and goofy most of the time, but threaten his loved ones and watch out. He wasn't called the Manslayer for nothing.

5. Vash the Stampede (Trigun): Another bishie with a dark past (do I sense a pattern?), Vash is less evil and more "bad things just happen when he's around." Sweet, clumsy, goofy, lecherous, pathetic, dangerous, and frightening all describe Vash, one of the many reasons I love him. ("Love and PEACE!")

4. Uchiha Sasuke (Naruto): I like ninja. I like bad boys. Sasuke happens to be both.

3. Sesshomaru (Inuyasha): Okay, so he's a villian in Inuyasha. But he's got a certain charm to him as well. Here's this super powerful demon who hates humans, letting a pesky human girl tag along with him as well. Sesshomaru walks his own road, and doesn't let anyone tell him what to do. Plus, I love villians with long silver hair. (Ah, Sephiroth)

2. Heero Yuy (Gundam Wing): I normally don't watch Mecha. The only reason I watched Gundam Wing was for the characters, mostly the four Gundam Pilots, and MOSTLY because of Heero Yuy, the Perfect Soldier. Watch as he turns that intense glare on you and see if you don't get shivers.

And, my number one favorite Bishie of all time ....

1. Tamahome (Fushigi Yugi): "Miaka!" "Tamahome!" "Miaka!" "Tamahome!" Okay, so that could get a little tiring. But if there's one bishie who could make me melt into a puddle of happy goo, it would be Tamahome. Fushigi Yugi still stands as my favorite anime, one that could make me cry and laugh hysterically, the anime that I hold all others in comparison. And the sometimes goofy, sometimes miserly, sometimes stubborn but always loyal and willing to to anything for his friends Tamahome is still my favorite anime boy of all time.

Bonus: Favorite video game character: Squall Leonhart (Final Fantasy VIII): I couldn't complete this without listing another bishie who isn't anime or manga but who holds the same spot as Tamahome. Squall goes from a cold, uncaring jerk to someone who realizes how much his friends mean to him. His journey is inspiring, as you watch the emotionally scarred orhpan and soldier at the beginning of the game turn into a warrior, a commander, and a knight. Plus, he's total eye-candy.

Well, that's my list. I realize its uber fangirly, but I don't care. Who are your favorite bishies, the ones that make you sigh and wish they were real? If you could bring one character out of an anime/video game, who would it be?

No comments:

Post a Comment